Sen. Durbin, who was in mtg. with Pres. Trump, describes what the president said
BREAKING: Sen. Durbin, who was in meeting with Pres. Trump, says that the president "said things that were hate-filled, vile and racist." http://nbcnews.to/2mw5Lrq
More All News M7
WATCH: Pope Francis stops motorcade to help injured police officer. The officer was thrown from her horse as the popemobile passed by in Iquique, Chile.
David and Louisa Anna Turpin, the California parents accused of torturing their 13 children, have been arraigned in court. Their bail has been set at $12 million each.
David Turpin’s attorney, David Macher, addressed reporters following the arraignment: https://t.co/hpoV3OIxxG
More than 230 cities had applied to become the future location of Amazon's second headquarters.
The race narrowed considerably as the internet giant released its short list of 20 possible contenders: https://t.co/OKGYnSgTc2
Feds dropping charges against two-thirds of Trump inauguration protest defendants https://t.co/q5scix93vV
"Part of the signature of @NBCNightlyNews is taking the broadcast on the road a lot, whether it's for news or a fun, exciting event." https://t.co/3DLHURkx7n
Should Americans help people who cross the border illegally if the migrants' lives were at risk?
Watch our latest piece, a dispatch from the U.S./Mexico border: https://t.co/hEvcQIPOED
WATCH: President Trump's administration has gone through many personnel changes during his first year in office. Who has left the administration since President Trump was sworn in?
White supremacists and other far-right groups committed the majority of extremist-related murders in the United States last year, according to a new report by the Anti-Defamation League https://t.co/ezWOIlOFoA
Congressional Black Caucus Chairman Cedric Richmond introduced a resolution to censure President Trump for his "shithole" comments: "To say we don’t want people from those countries is just outlandish, astonishing, and painful in a way that can’t be described."
A statement from Team USA Olympian McKayla Maroney was read at the sentencing of disgraced gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar.
Read more: https://t.co/GjBRbtwipB
Several women are candidates to lead CBS' "Face the Nation" https://t.co/VH0monfVKk
Researchers take step towards a better flu vaccine https://t.co/vifSzxT4jg
"We want to move forward. We want to get something done. We don't want to keep kicking the can down the road"
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer responds to urges from Senate GOP to pass short-term spending bill, proposing sit-down with party leadership https://t.co/etZ1S4DfK2
Here's what happens if the government doesn't approve funding bill by tomorrow night.
Data from both the NOAA and NASA show that the five warmest years on record have all occurred since 2010. Scientists say global warming is attributable largely to the burning of fossil fuels.
Read more at @NBCNewsMACH: https://t.co/BTgCA5RRd4
- House OKs temporary spending bill to avoid shutdown, but future in Senate unclear
- Samantha Bee weighs in on Aziz Ansari and it's straight fire
- Donald Trump's exercise regimen will amaze you
- The Pentagon is considering changing nuclear retaliation rules
- White supremacists committed most extremist killings in 2017, ADL says
- Feds dropping charges against two-thirds of Trump inauguration protest defendants
- Several women are candidates to take over Face the Nation, sources say
- Wife of deported Michigan man to attend State of the Union with congresswoman
- Opinion | Google CEO Sundar Pichai: Digital technology must empower workers, not alienate them
- House Republicans pass short-term spending bill, moves to the Senate
- Alabama student expelled after using "n-word" in social media videos
- "Smacks of fraud": House intelligence committee releases Glenn Simpson Trump-dossier
- McKayla Maroney's letter on Olympic doctor Larry Nassar
- Three men sentenced in deadly New Jersey mall carjacking
- Countdown to government shutdown has Capitol Hill scrambling
- The "Roseanne" reboot will feature a non-binary child and people are outraged
- Police score win for Olympic figure skater, find stolen skates, costumes
- Second measles scare in a week at Chicago's O'Hare Airport
- Even without El Nino, Earth's temperatures continue to rise
- 13 siblings held captive by California couple plotted escape for 2 years, official says
- Homicide suspect linked to 9 murders in 3 weeks: Police
- Russia probes come up against claims of executive privilege
- Teen fighting deportation to Afghanistan: 'This is our last hope'
- Spain becomes second most-visited destination: UN
- Trump children's health insurance tweet contradicts, confounds
- Oil spews from Iranian tanker in East China Sea
- New polls show Trump at 37% approval
- 2017 was once again one of the hottest on record
- YouTube is pulling the plug on all those Tide Pod Challenge videos
- Instagram just added a powerful new way to stalk people on the app
- Scandal-scarred USA Gymnastics cutting ties with Karolyi Ranch
- Lesbian veteran, 90, expelled from Air Force in '55, finally gets her 'honorable discharge'
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai: Digital technology must empower workers, not alienate them
- 2017 was the second-hottest year on record, NASA says
- Death toll climbs to 15 as the Deep South cleans up snow
- Chris Christie stopped at TSA for evading security checkpoint
- Amazon announces top 20 cities for its 2nd North America headquarters
- Britain now has a government minister for loneliness
- Harrisburg, Pa., shooting leaves U.S. marshal dead, police officers wounded
- President Trump says wall has "never changed or evolved," claims shutdown would be "devastating"
- Weeks after JFK airport woes, luggage is still missing
- Hate crime charges being considered in Blaze Bernstein stabbing death
- Bitter cold stretches all the way to Florida; warm days ahead
- 2nd person in a week killed by new high-speed train in Florida
- Toddler swings baseball bat like a star slugger
- Woman's brother calls 911 after she said she gave birth in the shower
- New documentary on the alt-right sheds light on the movement's alleged roots
- Drought-stricken city could run out of water by April's 'day zero'
- Dying Jacksonville Jaguars fan gets tickets to championship game
- US marshal killed, at least 2 officers injured in shooting, reports say
- India tests-fires ICBM
- At least 52 people killed in Kazakhstan bus fire
- American businesses can't find workers
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt wrote an actual 2,000-word essay defending Luke Skywalker
- Mark Hamill sent Kelly Marie Tran the sweetest tweet just 'cause
- Zac Efron tweets the first, creepy image of himself as serial killer Ted Bundy
- Deadpool wished Betty White a happy birthday on Instagram
- Yep, Barack Obama's birthday Instagram message to Michelle is super adorable
- 13 captive siblings allowed to eat once a day, shower twice a year
- Brigitte Bardot slams #MeToo movement as 'hypocritical, ridiculous'
- Trump jumps into midterms in race to replace Republican who quit in scandal
- Contradicting Kelly, Trump says views on Mexico wall have 'never changed'
- Deputy fatally shoots 16-year-old in Ohio courtroom
- Deputy fatally shoots 16-year-old boy in Ohio courtroom, authorities say
- Orrin Hatch draws Twitter reaction for removing imaginary glasses during hearing
- More actors say they regret working with Woody Allen
- Wells Fargo bill payment glitch emptying some accounts: Report
- Miami police officer gives new wheelchair to homeless amputee
- Gay couple sues Vistaprint over receiving religious pamphlet instead of wedding programs
- Pope Francis steps into contentious struggle in Chile
- Hate crime charges not ruled out in college student's slaying: Prosecutors
- British member of Parliament falls asleep during House of Commons debate
- Trump administration to bar Haitians from seasonal work visas
- Under Pres. Trump, US leadership approval drops to new lows abroad: Poll
- Washington state hospital placed on lockdown after umbrella mistaken for rifle
- Molestation victim's coach lashes out at ex-Olympic doctor in court: 'For the record, go to hell'
- Siblings allegedly held captive marched for hours in circles, former neighbor says
- Netanyahu says US Embassy to move to Jerusalem this year
- New Boko Haram video claims to show Chibok girls: 'We are never coming back'
- Democratic gains in state legislatures fuel Republican 2018 anxieties
- NYC terror attack suspect offers to plead guilty to avoid death penalty, attorneys say
- President Trump has a common form of heart disease
- White supremacists responsible for most extremist killings in 2017, ADL says
- 9 Park Service advisory board members resign, citing concerns over Trump admin
- DHS to block Haitians from temporary visas
- If Trump's tweets have this much influence over foreign policy, we're all screwed
- Will Smith's excellent, animal-filled and very, very Instagrammed Australian adventure
- Broadway diversity improves for all but Asian Americans, report finds
- Panama hotel owners want President Trump's name off the property
- Have 7th Fleet collisions hurt global confidence in U.S. Navy?
- Dozens die as flames engulf bus in former Soviet state of Kazakhstan
- High school wrestler paralyzed from neck down after injury
- Passenger with measles may have exposed others at Chicago airport
- Tillerson says Trump world class at social media
- Hope Hicks slated to testify before House Intelligence Committee Friday
- Obama undone: In first year, Trump unravels predecessor's signature achievements
- Bannon has reached an agreement with special counsel to come interview: Sources
- Flu patient spikes cause Texas school district closure, tents at California hospital
- 3 charged with capital murder of Houston couple 'executed' in their gated community